Monday, May 04, 2009

Easy Socks group KAL May/June

Done! Very easy pattern, made even quicker and easier by using worsted weight yarn. I usually don't use heavy yarn, but thought I'd go ahead and use some CottonEase I had. I remember it being pretty cheap-I think Michael's had the color on clearance. So yeah, they aren't exactly very spring like, but they are still finished socks! LOL Since I have never used this yarn in socks, I have no idea how they will wear. The yarn itself comes in lots of pretty solid colors, and is 50/50 cotton/acrylic. Information on the yarn is here: http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/yarnInfo.cgi?yarnPage=1694582

As you can see, I made a couple modifications....I just couldn't resist! I made the cuff longer, and did a short row heel instead of the one called for in the pattern. BTW, the best instructions I've found for a short row heel is from the Ann Budd pattern called Ambrosia Socks, and can be found here: http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/patterns/archive/2007/07/30/ambrosia-socks.aspx?download=true

No comments: