Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday update.....

My Thursday update.....well, Wednesday, really.... but by now it's Friday..... lol

I finished the second leg of a possible KAL for "all y'all" on my EasySocks list, and am ready to turn the heel. I'm not sure how to write this all up yet, and I'm wondering if anyone on that group is up for a short row heel?? I'm using DK weight yarn instead of worsted. I don't really like using heavier yarn for socks, but I do know that my mom likes the heavier ones, so they won't go to waste.

I've finished the other pair for a possible KAL, which is worsted weight, but again with short row heel.

I need to write them up, since they aren't really "published" anywhere. And of course, heel type is an option. Heaven knows we all modify. LOL

I worked on some plain vanillas for the DH at my LYS yesterday, but man oh man is that boring! LOL Pretty yarn (something by Kaffe Fassett?? By Regia), but he likes plain old st st. :P

Our next shop KAL is a felted modular knit tote from the Summer Interweave Knits, page 43/86. Should be fun as I've never done much modular knitting.....or felting! We are using Nature Spun sport weight, and I've chosen a rainbow colorway Hardest part was choosing 8 colors out of about 200! LOL I picked up the yarn yesterday and I think it's going to be really pretty. The yarn wasn't really too expensive either, maybe about $40 total.

I bought some Tofutsies to do some "no shows" and had to rewind it from the outside. Anyone else have that problem? Love that yarn though. I CO for them last night, but decided I liked the yellow/orange/pink so much, I'm going to do regular socks. I think I'll use that feather and fan pattern stitch that's pretty easy. I another colorway that I'll use for the short socks. I'm thinking of CO double on larger needles, and then decreasing for a teeny tiny ruffle, but also thinking that they won't really need a ruffle. The shop also had some new Cascade solid sock yarn that would be gorgeous using a fun stitch...maybe a simple lace pattern.

Enough of my blathering, eh? Contrary to what my mom or I might think, it's NOT all about me. ROFL

No comments: