Friday, March 20, 2009

St Pat's socks, times two

I finally finished both pairs of the St Pat's socks for me and the DH, and I think they turned out quite nicely! I wanted to finish them for St. Pat's day, but naturally it was too hot to wear them. LOL Last year it was cold and rainy, this year I think it was about 70. "Can't win for losing," as my mother has been known to say. :D

Mine are the ones from the FlatFeet yarn, and I think they turned out very pretty. I used a mock cable pattern for the cuff/leg and then just plain stockinette stitch for the ankle and foot. I seem to always do a short row heel because I can do them w/o thinking. I didn't have much of the yarn left, maybe enough to do a couple of coffee cup cozies or something. I'm stashing my leftover sock yarn and might do some monster socks at some point. The third photo is just a closeup of the stitch pattern. Very easy pattern-looks much harder than it is.

The DH's were done with Wildfoote "Desert grass" and I don't think I really like that yarn. It's pretty splitty, so it was a bit of a pain. They are pretty though, and he likes them, and is already wondering when he'll get the next pair. I didn't have much left over. For some reason, I bought three skeins, and I'm not sure why. I could probably make a short pair for myself out of what's left.

No comments: