Friday, March 20, 2009

A couple of observations.....

I was doing some "research" on the net earlier, looking for a specific sock pattern. I found myself linked to various blogs and got sucked into reading. I know I shouldn't have been, but I was a bit shocked at some of the extremely personal things people will post on blogs. I know it's rather impersonal, sitting here, seemingly typing to oneself, but there is such a thing as TMI. I really don't need to know about your ___________, thank you very much. LOL Granted, some of the blogs are very informative, very entertaining, and helpful, but let's face it....most of the blogs are like this one...boring and dull. :P

Another thing I find fascinating is people will claim patterns or stitches as their own, even though we all know that Barbara whatshername published these same stitch patterns years ago. I used to see that in the quilting world as well, and it really bothered me. I guess it's just human nature to want to take credit for something.

I finally found my pattern, but I am not sure who actually came up with the idea, because it was "claimed" by at least 1/2 dozen people!

No comments: