Monday, February 25, 2008

Magic Stripes socks and the duckie DPN holders

Hey, I like this yarn! LOL I know there are some yarn snobs out there that will never entertain the idea of using it. I've used this for some fingerless mitts, and it's soft, wears really well, washes and dries really well, and IMHO, gets softer with each wearing/washing.

I'm using one skein per sock, since I have plenty of it, and wanted the stripes to match. I CO 64 and am using 0's. It's a basic sock pattern, 2x2 rib for the cuff, then stockinette for about 1 1/4", then SR heel, then stockinette for the foot. I'll most likely do the toe the same way I did the Austermanns.

A word about my DPN point protectors/holders you see here and in other posts........aren't these the absolutely most adorable thing you've seen in like......I dunno.....forever? LOL Seriously, when I saw them here: http://veganknitter.blogspot.com/2007/09/dpn-project-holder-tutorial.html I just had to make some for myself. I ran right out to Hancock's for some elastic cord (the ditz at jackman's had absolutely NO clue what I was on about....), then bought some of the pencil toppers. You can search for your best deal on these. The regular tan rubber ducks are too big, IMHO. The pencil topper holes are the same size, but the ducks themselves are about 3-4 times bigger than the devil ducks and pirate ducks.

So allow me once more to thank Vegan Knitter for sharing this great idea on her blog. Thank you, Vegan Knitter!!! :D

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Love the duckies, they tie in with due south nicely, don't they?