Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I'm having trouble believing that it's 2009 already.

I am a bit surprised that I haven't updated this for quite some time. I guess I've gotten sidetracked between knitting, uploading photos, etc. I finished quite a few projects in 2008, so I thought I'd share some of them from the second half of the year.



Twin Girs for the boy..... pattern here: http://www.johnnysstew.com/pattern/gir.html

I used some kind of Bernat worsted weight for the body and some aqua and hot pink scraps (again, some sort of acrylic worsted weight, probably RedHeart) for the accents. I used a much smaller needle than what was called for because I didn't want any of the stuffing to poke through the holes. It just seemed too loose when I started. I also made a few itty bitty changes in the pattern, but mainly I knit the eyes separately and then attached them. Since I was knitting it so tightly, it was very difficult to pick up stitches to do the eyes.

The blue one is the regular, non mad Gir and the hot pink one is the mad Gir. I tried to match the colors to a toy...er, I mean "action figure" found in the boy's room. I made these for his birthday and he seemed pleased! I'm seriously considering doing them again out of sock yard. Crazy? Yeah, probably. :P



Socks for the DH. Regia cotton blend. I have started a pair for myself, as this seems like it's very nice, wearable yarn.



Finally finished these "Online" that I started quite a few months ago. They didn't thrill me while I was working on them, but I actually like them quite a lot.



More Regia Cotton for me this time!



Lacy pattern from one of those "1001 Stitches" type books. The yarn is Sock-Ease and it was very nice to work with.

More in the next post!

No comments: