Friday, September 25, 2009

More socks!



Ned's Regia



My Regia Cotton "quill lace" which is a really easy pattern-two rows....one row is knit all the way round, and the other is just some YOs and Ktogs.



Mary Maxim bamboo 2x2 rib....which is pretty and soft, but really really splitty. Speaking of Mary Maxim yarn.....I ordered a couple of other yarns at the same time, went to start them, and realized they were wound opposite on the two balls! Yikes, talk about a PITA......I finally started one and hopefully will be able to rewind the other ball so it comes off the skein in the same order. It's really pretty yarn (I think it's called Gemstone), but I would never order from them again, knowing what I know now. The bamboo was one skein, so no worries. I don't even want to think about the other two skeins of Gemstone that I ordered in another colorway.




Hand dyed for me! Well....the socks are for me from a hand dyed yarn that was actually dyed about 45 miles from here in Wentzville, MO, especially for Hearthstone Knits. I don't remember the name of it, but it's one of the Operas. I have to laugh when I look at the label since they mispelled the shop name. :P

I started these almost two years ago and couldn't quite figure out how to finish them. I finally decreased at the heel and made a gusset for the foot. The second one went very quickly. I finished these on the way to Canada this month.

Woohoo!

No comments: